One more issue of DNC Maganize has been released.
You can find some interesting videos (about 30 minutes each) on Brent Ozar website.
Here’s a list:
- Index Basics – Kendra Little
- The Okapis of Indexes – Jes Schultz Borland
- Heaps (Tables Without Clustered Indexes) – Kendra Little
BLOCKING AND ISOLATION LEVELS
QUERY DESIGN AND TUNING
- Let’s Talk About Joins – Jeremiah Peschka
- Developer’s Guide to Dangerous Queries – Jeremiah Peschka
- How to Measure T-SQL Improvements – Kendra Little
- Windowing Functions in SQL 2012 – Jeremiah Peschka
TROUBLESHOOTING IN PRODUCTION
- First Responders Kit – Kendra Little
- What’s Going On in My SQL Server? – Kendra Little
- The Mystery of Query Timeouts – Kendra Little
SQL SERVER SETUP & USAGE
It’s available a new update for Visual Studio 2012. You can read the announcement on Somasegar blog post.
You can download it from here, and if you need to make an offline install or just distribute, you can do it running the following command: “VS2012.2.exe /layout” and select the folder where do you want to download all files.
Jon Galloway, Damian Edwards and Scott Hanselman provides now 8 hours of free ASP.NET training videos.
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (01) What’s New in ASP.NET 4.5
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (02) Building and Deploying Websites with ASP.NET MVC 4
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (03) Creating HTML5 Applications with jQuery
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (04) Building a Service Layer with ASP.NET Web API
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (05) Leveraging Your ASP.NET Development Skills to Build Office Apps
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (06) Building and Leveraging Social Services in ASP.NET
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (07) Building for the Mobile Web
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (08) Real-time Communication with SignalR
- Building Web Apps with ASP.NET Jump Start: (09) Taking Advantage of Windows Azure Services
Read the Scott Hanselman post to check a summary of each episode and full course outline.
The final release is here
You can find a lot of new features and enhancements on ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET SignalR, ASP.NET Webforms and MVC and of course Windows Azure.
You can found some blog posts covering this new updates:
- Announcing release of ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 Update – by Scott Gu
- Released: ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 in Context – by Scott Hanselman
- Announcing the ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 Release! – By Jon Galloway
SvcPerf is an End-to-End ETW trace viewer for manifest based traces.
This message was annoying me several times in last days. After a quick search on Google I’ve found a support article from Microsoft saying that is a know issue.
There is an hotfix for this, or you each time you’ll get this message you can go to View > Expand / Collapse Groups > Expand All Groups.
The following code is for a easy and simple way to change the filenames in order to avoid overwriting the ones already saved on file system. Any bug detected please leave a comment.
Big news from Podio team. They released the ipad app and it is awesome.
You guys rocks
Download from AppStore
After 25 years, Microsoft has a new look.